Social Media Lead – Uniiverse HQ (Toronto, St. Lawrence Market)
Imagine growing a web platform that will change the way people think and improve how they live their lives.
Uniiverse is a social marketplace for people to share real life activities and services. Get to know us by watching these videos:
- Driven by a strong vision / manifesto (video)
- Ambitious concept / product (video)
- We're shaping a new industry: the sharing economy (video)
You must be passionate about the above, positive, driven and motivated.
Since launching in early 2012, Uniiverse has been written about in over 80 publications including Forbes, TechCrunch, Mashable, Globe and Mail, and National Post. At Uniiverse, you’ll work directly with and learn from the team that made this coverage possible, and see the impact of your work right away. In a small team, you can make a big difference.:
We are looking for a motivated and intuitive communicator with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape. The chosen candidate will have a passion for writing, blogging, and social media and will work along side our core marketing team. Your main objective will be to increase Uniiverse’s online presence, engagement, and brand visibility through multiple digital marketing channels and strategies. Our internship program is designed for you to learn and be involved with various marketing and communication initiatives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain our content distribution network by way of social media channels
- Develop and execute a strategy for building Uniiverse’s audience, awareness, and repeat engagement through social media channels
- Manage and grow Uniiverse’s social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
- Be the voice, eyes and ears of our brand
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding our brand
- Tag and title content with an understanding of how the words chosen, impact natural search traffic
- Increase conversion of Uniiverse’s online fans to avid Uniiverse users
- Create exciting content for the company blog Report to our Public Relations Manager with valuable insights and weekly success reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have well-rounded understanding of marketing, PR, and business strategy
- Passion for and experience using Social Media
- Established online presence (e.g., personal twitter, blog, Youtube, broad Facebook network, etc.) would be a big plus
- Friendly and conversational
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Willingness to learn in a fast-pace environment
- Highly motivated, driven, and bursting with great ideas to promote Uniiverse
- Able to work independently and be resourceful
- Brownie points: if you are offering an activity or service on Uniiverse!
General requirements and commitments
- Full-time, 4 month, unpaid internship position. You will be reimbursed for event-related expenses
- Work from Uniiverse HQ (Downtown Toronto) with your own laptop- a large monitor is provided
- We are also accepting applicants who must complete a relevant internship for post-secondary academic purposes
During this internship you will be leading different online marketing strategies, exploring community-building techniques, as well as gaining valuable experience that will contribute to your professional repertoire and make your resume stand out.
You will be working in a fun, healthy and results-driven start-up culture, surrounded by talented and passionate people. You will have a lot of networking opportunities, learn a lot and be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
If you are social media obsessed, passionate about the sharing economy, our vision, and Uniiverse, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Links to your existing social media accounts and blog post examples are recommended.