Lead iOS and Mobile Developer
You will lead all aspects of the development of the Uniiverse iOS app. (Which is extraordinarily beautiful! Ask us for a sneak preview of what we've built so far.) You are excited to create a custom UI, and integrate with our API backend built in Rails. You will build geofencing features, advanced push notifications, contact list integration, camera integration, beautiful animations, and more. You should be familiar with automated testing. You have shipped excellent apps before, been through the App Store review process, supported live apps in production, and are comfortable managing app updates (even as the API evolves). You have astute taste, a strong sense of design and care strongly about UI/UX.
Join us in changing the world
Imagine building a web platform that will change the way people think and improve how they live their lives.
Uniiverse is a funded startup backed by sophisticated angel investors. We are building a person-to-person marketplace for services and activities. Our primary dimensions are social, local and temporal. For more information, watch these videos:
- Driven by a strong vision / manifesto (video)
- Ambitious concept / product (video)
- We're shaping a new industry: the sharing economy (video)
You must be passionate about the above, a positive, driven and motivated individual, and excited about building high-quality product.
We're flexible but looking to grow our team immediately
- Product development: thought partner and shape design and functionality of our product
- Scaleability: identify and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Big data: implement data collection services, analyze large data sets, and build tools
- Integrity: craft automated tests, design and implement A/B testing environments
Mobile tech that we love
- iOS, Objective C, Xcode, Instruments
- Chipmunk Physics
- Core Data
- TestFlight, Urban Airship
- RESTful JSON APIs
Back-end tech that we love
- Ruby on Rails, Sinatra
- MongoDB, Neo4j, PosgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
- OAuth, Facebook Graph API, Twitter, Google+ API
- Competitive salary and fun perks
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Whatever top-of-the-line equipment you need to get the job done
- Learn how to build a massively scalable social app in a sexy technology stack
- Fun, healthy and results-oriented start-up culture
- Valuable references
You must be
- Excited about building quality product
- An independent, fast-learning, self starter who takes ownership over solving ambiguous problems
- Energetic, passionate (does not matter about what!), and driven
Desired skills & experience
- Experienced with iOS, Objective C, Xcode
- Has shipped apps with custom UI, API integration
- Experience with GPS, Camera, Push Notifications, Contact List
- Conducts automated testing, e.g. with TestFlight
- Adept with performance tuning, memory management
- Keen eye for clean, simple design aesthetics, and usability, ability to slice PSDs
- Bonus but not necessary: exposure to Android development, experience in responsive / mobile web, skills in Ruby/Rails
Uniiverse is a social marketplace for people to share real life activities and services. Our vision is to encourage real life interactions in today’s increasingly virtual world and to help people live better, together. The company believes everyone has something unique to offer and share. We are backed by a group of sophisticated investors, and growing rapidly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, links to your GitHub, apps in the iTunes store, LinkedIn, Twitter, and technical blog.
$2,000* if the person you recommend is hired.
* Payable for full time employee hires (i.e. contractors and freelancers excluded), for this particular dev position, after the completion of any probationary period, if applicable. Does not apply to candidates with whom Uniiverse was already in contact.